All library documents, except those for the use on the spot only, can be borrowed. Valid library membership and a reader’s card are necessary for everybody to borrow. The loan period is fixed. The books of the reading-rooms as well as the reference books for the librarians can be borrowed only with the permission of the reference librarian, for a limited period of time and after the signed registration in the given service unit.
Loan of documents in specified number and for fixed period of time:
· books for 4 weeks, but certain titles only for 1-2 weeks;
· max. 10 titles per member at a time
· certain periodicals for 4 weeks, altogether 2 pieces at a time
· given documents in the reading-rooms can be borrowed for a limited period of time after the opening hours
· talking books: one title for 4 weeks; for the blind and partially sighted 6 titles for 4 weeks
· music LP-s and cassettes: 6 pieces for 4 weeks, audio CD-s: 6 pieces for 2 weeks
· DVD-s: 2 pieces for 3 days
The loan of other library documents is upon payment of a fee. The terms of loan related to the different types of documents are detailed in our Library regulations.
With the exception of the library documents of a shorter than a four-week loan and the documents being reserved, the loan period can be extended – prior to the due date – without presentation of the documents, only once and for another 4 weeks, in person, on the phone and in e-mail. The loan period can be extended in the Internet, via our on-line catalogue, too, see the menu “Olvasói műveletek”.
In order to renew the lending period, you have to identify yourself. The bar code on your reader‘s card as well as the password received from the library are necessary for it. Ask for a password here >>
Fine is calculated by the item and per day on each document returned after the expiry date of the loan. The loan period of the printed documents can be extended – prior to the due date – without presentation of the documents, only once and for another 4 weeks. The renewal of the loan is not possible for the library documents being reserved.
According to the types of the library documentsthat can be borrowed, the fine is as follows:
- books, talking-books and other printed documents HUF 5,- /day
- books of short-dated loan HUF 30,- / day
- documents from reading rooms HUF 100,- / day
- audio and computer documents HUF 30,- / day;
A reminder is sent by post to the borrower when the library document is not returned in due time. The postal costsare met by the borrower.
The replacement of a lost card costs HUF 100,-.
Further information can be asked for on the telephone no.: 76/500-561 and emailing to kolcsonzes [at] kjmk.hu.
With no help of the librarians, users may borrow the books and periodicals of the lending stock of the library by themselves. Naturally, staff members working at the lending desk are also at everybody’s service.
It is useful to know the following about the self –service check-out machine:
- It can be found on the ground floor of the library, next to the lending desk.
- A valid reader‘s card is necessary to borrow.
- It can be used only to borrow and not to renew or reserve items.
- The terms of the self check-out are the same as in our Library regulations.
- The machine makes out a receipt for the automatic check-out.
- In case of any message from the machine, the check-out process can not continue, so, please, turn to the staff member working at the lending desk.
- Never look directly at the laser flashing a beam of red light on the barcode. It can damage your health.
Reservation of documents
On your request we reserve you the books on loan and once they are returned, we inform you accordingly.This service is upon payment of a fee and can be asked for at any of our information desks, provided that you are registered for membership of our library.
You can request and reserve items on loan in the Internet, too, via our on-line catalogue. You reserve the item you need, if you click on the ‘Tétel előjegyzés’ icon at the foot of the page.
If you want to reserve, you have to identify yourself. The bar code on your reader‘s card as well as the password received from the library are necessary for that. You can ask for a password, emailing to olibadmin [at] kjmk.hu
In ‘Olvasói műveletek’ menu you can see what documents you are currently borrowing and reserving.
Further information can be asked for on the telephone no.: 76/500-563 and in an e-mail to tajekoztatas [at] kjmk.hu.
Our services of the so-called ”OTTHON KÖNYVTÁR” are for
· the homebound due to illness
· the elderly walking with difficulties
· the disabled
· the blind and the partially-sighted
The OK members are entitled to borrow free of charge as follows:
· max. 6 books for 4 weeks
· For the blind and partially-sighted max. 6 items for 4 weeks
· 6 LP-s or audio cassettes for 4 weeks
· 6 music CD-s for 2 weeks
· 2 DVD-s for 3 days
· Information free of charge about given topics and up to determined extent
The members of OK can use the service by phone, on the special freetelephone no. (they get it when at registration), by e-mail, with help of a personal delegate and with home delivery.
Further information can be asked by phone 76/500-563, by emailing tajekoztatas[at]kjmk.hu , or writing to the postal address:Katona József Könyvtár, 6001 Kecskemét, Pf.: 127.
In the reading rooms of the second floor you can borrow laptops in order to use them there. The loan of this costly device is available in case you are registered for membership of our library and you have to fill in the acknowledgement of receipt on basis of your identity card and address card.
The loan is upon payment of a fee.